Saturday, April 25, 2009

Space Marine C... Comm...TERMINATORS! Gah!

Hehehehehe

Yes I know, I'm a jerk :P I originally obtained these terminators years and years ago when I first started playing 40k, and was collecting a Blood Angels army. At the time, they were the best looking minis I had painted. (For those who don't know, you can click on the pictures for larger versions of it, so you can see some detail :))














To be honest, I'm not 100% sure where I got them from. I think they're old minis from early 3rd ed that I bought, or that Dad bought for me. As I never fielded my Blood Angels army, my memory of any events regarding them is hazy (save for my first ever 40k purchases).

I re-painted them when I got back into 40k and WHF recently, at the time only having most of the command squad undercoated and that's it. Just based them appropriately this morning as I now have all my gear here (moved just before I started blogging).














These are the guys that inspired me for the whole 'black hand' thing. I originally had their power fists purple, like their body. I found that painting the main body of the power fist black looked way better, and so it began!

Anyways I'm trying to get ahead with my painting, so that I have plenty of material to make a post once every couple of days. I have a couple of squads going at the moment, but I promise the commander will be next post :) Also I've got the terminators out of the Black Reach boxed set to paint in the future, which are being converted to Assault Terminators. As well as that, I'll be ordering some new boxed Assault Terminators, and normal Terminators as well.

It's a fair way in the future, but once they're all painted, there will be a 4-way comparison post. I'm really excited about getting to that point, and I hope you guys are looking forward to it too :)

-Albrek

2 comments:

  1. I think those top Termies are the plastics from second edition Space Hulk. It was quite a good deal at the time, like most boxed games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconding the Geek. They look EXACTLY like my old Space Hulk plastic Terminators.

    ReplyDelete