Friday, February 5, 2010

huzzah, Assault squad! and Blood Angels rumours and predictions

Howdy ladies and gents!

So after last nights quick fire comment, I decided to get some painting done, and have FINALLY finished my first Assault Squad!!













I think I've gotten a little better with my photography too! thoughts?

I've decided as I'm dual-purposing some of my tanks (e.g. my Land Raider, seen a few months ago is Bleached Bone. I use it for my Grey Knights as well as Marines) that I should make the colouring some kind of theme. So with anything that would be more mechanium related than standard equipment, I'm keeping the bleached bone colour - hence the bone jump packs. I really like how it turned out! :)

I've been working on my minis poses and here is one of my favourites to date:













Front on looks a little better I think, It looks like he's almost about to rest his pistol on his axe as a guide for few precise shots.. that's what I like to think anyways :) I really liked the Assault Marines kit - lots of options and great posability. This is also the first time I have painted something other than a tank in sections before assembly - I found it to be considerably easier and quicker, less likelyhood of any mistakes - and with a good glue (Gale Force 9) there's no concerns of the glue messing up your nice work.













I've been reading the Horus Heresy books too and really liekd the idea of the marines that looked and acted like brothers. So as a lil homage I did something similar with my assault marines. Just made one left handed ;)

Opinions appreciated as always!

Now, onto the Blood Angels. As a old school BA player, I have decided to use my current marines as Blood Angels once they're ready (even if its before April!) and I'm really excited about the new 'dex release. Alot of us at the local store have been discussing the rumours going around - below is just a few of them, and my thoughts and predictions.

Overcharged Engines and Furious Charge - I think it's safe to say that the Death Company will get furious charge. Honestly I think OCE will not be returning, though it'd be nice if it did :)

Mephiston in Terminator armor: I highly, highly doubt it. he may have an invul save however - many named marines in Power/Artificer armor do.

Chapter Master Seth: Would be awesome, dunno about being armed with an Eviscerator though. The latest SM Codex has alot of named marines with weapons unique to them, perhaps an Eviscerator variant?

Land Raider - There's lots of talk of a 'baal' style Land Raider.. bit dubious on this one, but I would wager that if there is, it'd be twin linked assault cannons on the sides, with a twin linked lascannon on top.

New Minis - I would say we are likely to get a plastic Death Company Box, that just has bits to convert or add to an Assault squad box. possibly the Raider above, and a Plastic Baal kit (I would hope it's own kit, but may even come out as a conversion kit?) Some special characters, and a Plastic Furioiso.. as much as more would be awesome, I can't see GW doing it.

Dreadnaughts: it's pretty well confirmed that dreaddies will be awesome as ever with Blood Angels. I'd say Moriar the Chosen will be in, but I doubt the whole 'dreadnaught retinue' thing. we shall see


Will look forward to April with the rest of yas!

Cyas!

Albrek

No comments:

Post a Comment