Monday, March 8, 2010

Best..Kitbash..Ever Tau "Broadside"

As an old timey Tau player, this was definately of interest to me:

Amazing piece of work by 'Fildunn' over at coolminiornot.com. To say Kudos would be an understatement. Tau are so hard to kit bash due to thier natural curves in some kits compared to the stark angles in others.

Normally I would want to reverse engineer such an effort, but really im finding it hard to convince myself to do so, it's just that good.

There's really not much else to say, this model really leaves me speachless. see some larger pictures of this marvel here:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/244623

and more of his work here:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/fildunn

now if you'll excuse me, I have to go stare at a pile of my Tau kits and wonder in amazement.

Cyas!

-Albrek

4 comments:

  1. It's a Tau Transformer !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not having much experience with Tau, I have very little concept of how big this thing is. As a whole, it seems to look fairly normal sized, but in the bottom two pics, there looks to be a pilot peaking out the top (a shield from a sniper drone team's spotter perhaps?). If that's really a firewarrior sized model, this thing must be huge.

    From the first picture, I also get a very warthog-like feeling from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's around 9" high - the head is a Stealth Suit body and the torso is a Devilfish.
    It's by Fil Dunn of the 'eavy Metal team - I'm surprised it hasn't shown up in White Dwarf yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mehh...I respect the time, but the final product just leaves me cold.

    ReplyDelete