Monday, February 7, 2011

Sold my Grey Knights.. Blood Angels on the table... now what??

Long time no see!!

Before I get onto the main topic today, a quick update on my Ogres. I've been slowly painting them up for a while now, and shortly should have a Full 2000pt army (with a few options) painted up to show you all. I wanted to leave them till they're done before posting pics. Hopefully you'll all like them! :)

But onto the latest - with the announcement of the NEW Grey Knights coming, I figured it was time for a change. See Daemonhunters were the first army that I had completed an army, painted in their entirety, and played with. I had been since they first came out back in 3rd edition, and had become extremely attached to how they played even in 5th (there's [was?] alot of good tricks and tips when it came to Daemonhunters in 5th). They presented a great challenge, with shortages in scoring units, anti-tank weaponry, and lacking basic wargear (grenades anyone?) it was difficult and I loved every second of it.

Needless to say I got a good packet for them..but now what? Tau were the first army I ever played with.. Blood Angels the first I ever bought (back in the days of the 'Angels of Death' dex), and I have a few boxes of Vanilla marines ready to be painted, with no direction.

And so, I decided originally, Blood Angels it would be. I tried to play to a few of their strengths, and have had a few games with proxies, including trying out the Stormraven, but I've found a challenge of a new type.. adapting.

See my playstyle was very specific with Grey Knights and it ran brilliantly when I was on my game, but it just doesn't seem to work the same.. I struggle to utilise my Stormravens without having them pop in a turn or two, and I've have troubles with building a strong list, even McAwesome (seen below, name origin at the end of the blog) has been felled more often than I'd be happy with.

So maybe I've been going about it the wrong way.. Maybe I should be playing to my strengths. or another way to put it, maybe I should be playing to what were my weaknesses, and use the newer lists benefits to just balance out the playing field. So here's my 750 pt (for small fun games) and 1500 pt (for more serious games) lists for your perusal and commen, enjoy! :)

750pts Bangles

Librarian with Blood Lance and Unleash Rage
-Jump Pack

Sanguinary Priest
-Jump Pack

Assault Squad (7 troops)
-Infernus Pistol
-Sarg
.MeltaBombs
.Power Fist

Assault Squad (6 troops)
-Infernus Pistol
-Sarg
.Melta Bombs

Baal Predator w/ Flamestorm Cannon
Baal Predator w/ Flamestorm Cannon


1500 pt Bangles

Librarian with Blood Boil and Unleash Rage
-Jump Pack
-Hand Flamer

Sanguinary Priest
-Jump Pack
-Hand Flamer
-Power Support

Assault Squad (10 troops)
-Infernus Pistol x2
-Sarg (Sgt. Punchy Punch)
.Power Fists x2
.Melta Bombs

Assault Squad (10 troops)
-Infernus Pistol x2
-Sarg (McAwesome)
.Power Sword
.Plasma Pistol
.Melta Bombs
.Combat Shield

Death Company (6 troops)
-Lemartes
-Infernus Pistol
-Power Fist

Death Company Dreadnought
-Blood Talons
-Heavy Flamer

Baal Predator w/ Flamestorm Cannon
Baal Predator w/ Flamestorm Cannon

Will see how they run over the next few weeks :)

out

-Albrek



The story of McAwesome: 'twas Kill teams.. McAwesome and his crew of 4 against a squadron of bikers and meltas. First and second turns, his crew are torn to shreds, leaving only McAwesome to take on the tide. inexplicably he tears through the squadron like a man posessed, none left living in his wake.

((we agree that the man previously known as "generic Assault Squad sargeant" can take a beating, and so my opponent keeps throwing bikes at him till he drops))

Exhausted, more riders enter the field - McAwesome moves to greet the, amongst volleys of arms fire - unscathed he tears them limb from limb. wave after wave of bikers come and are felled, a good 20 bikes after the first squadron, McAwesome, finally exhausted by the fight, is caught flat-footed and takes a melta gun to the face, Living a legend to fight another day. (after extensive medical attention apparently lol)

And that, is the story of McAwesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment